Welcome to BPIF Finishers
BPIF finishers is a Special Interest Group of the British Printing Industries Federation , and this website is intended to help solve your problems in everything post-print.
BPIF Finishers Meeting
Wednesday 2 March 2011
Hosted by Friedheim International Limited, Park House, Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead
1. Irvin Cohen of Begbies Traynor Group gave a detailed presentation on the different ways that customer businesses come to an end and explained how Finishers could protect themselves before and after this happens. There were a number of actions that finishers could take and although Retention of Title and All Monies Clauses were more suitable for printers they could still be of use to finishers as well. Irvin offered to provide advice to finisher members who made contact with him on 020 7398 3792.
2. The Friedheim/Duplo/Renz Finishing Alliance. Mark Bristow of Friedheim International explained the rationale behind the new finishing alliance and how it has enabled them to integrate more effectively with digital print technology.
3. BPIF Finishers Website. Alex Taylor of BPIF demonstrated the new dedicated Finishers website with a hyperlink facility that allows potential customers to access directly to finisher members' own websites. Alex explained action taken to bring the website to the attention of those seeking a trade finisher through the web. Members can amend their own website details but if assistance is needed to contact Liz Whyte on 01924 203338.
4. BPIF Finishers 2011-12 "A Printers' Guide to UK Binders and Finishers" Handbook. The Guide which will include details of finishing services offered by BPIF Finisher members will be adapted so as to include all 60 plus members this year. Copy from members for the guide will be sought by May for production and distribution in September 2011.
5. BPIF Technical Standards Committee are looking at Finishing Standards and would like a representative from BPIF Finishers to join this group. John Locke of Celloglas Leicester was nominated and approved at the meeting.
Following the meeting Friedheim provided an opportunity to see the Bograma rotary die-cutter BSR 550 Servo which has been newly developed for single-sheet processing and for thin, folded products, e.g. 4 or 6-page folded leaflets. It is ideal for job printing, as well as for pharma, package, label and digital printing. With the corresponding flexible dies, the BSR 550 Servo can punch, kiss cut, perforate, groove and deboss.
What Do We Do
Find a Member
To find a BPIF Finishers Member by the service the offer Click here »
To view the BPIF Finishers events calendar Click here »